1. Industry Expertise: a search fund investor should ideally have deep domain expertise in the industry in which you are looking to invest. This is important because they can provide valuable insights and resources that can help you navigate and succeed in a new industry.
2. Operational Experience: a search fund investor should provide valuable guidance on how to run a business, from hiring and firing to product development and marketing.
3. Financial Acumen: a search fund investor should provide valuable insights on how to finance and grow a business.
4. Network: a search fund investor should have a strong network of industry contacts.
5. Commitment: a search fund investor should be willing to invest the time and resources necessary to help you grow your business.
Picking the right search fund partner is critical to the success of your search fund. By keeping these traits in mind, you’ll be well on your way to finding the right fit for your company.